Some local hardware stores are busy keeping supplies on the shelves as cold temperatures arrive in our area.
The most popular aisle at the Lowes in Bristol, Virginia is the plumbing aisle. They tell us customers have been flooding the store since Saturday, looking for heat tape and insulation, and wraps for pipes.
Another popular item is kerosene heaters, but they're warning customers to be careful when using them. "The carbon monoxide [is dangerous], there are also emissions that happen sometimes," Lowes associate Mark Powers said. "Keep your home ventilated, have at least one source of ventilation in the room where your kerosene heater is sitting. It's always good to have a CO detector that's got battery backup on it."
We're told generators have also been flying off the shelves over the last couple of days.