SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - On Monday a School Resource Officer at Sullivan North High School received information that a student may have brought a gun onto a bus Friday morning.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Detectives began investigating the claim and learned that a 17-year old male did bring a handgun onto his bus Friday morning. According to witnesses, the 17-year old pointed the weapon at 3 different individuals, including the bus driver. The bus driver was unaware that this occurred. Before getting off the bus Friday morning, the 17-year old hid the gun in a storage container on the bus. He retrieved it later that afternoon on his way home. The incident was not reported to an authority figure until Monday.
As a result of this incident the 17-year old student has been charged with Carrying a Weapon on School Property, Aggravated Assault and 3-counts of Reckless Endangerment.
He was taken in to custody Tuesday afternoon and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center in Johnson City.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer
- Updated UPDATE: Elizabethon police identify suspect in credit card theft case