SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - On Monday a School Resource Officer at Sullivan North High School received information that a student may have brought a gun onto a bus Friday morning.
Sullivan County Sheriff's Detectives began investigating the claim and learned that a 17-year old male did bring a handgun onto his bus Friday morning. According to witnesses, the 17-year old pointed the weapon at 3 different individuals, including the bus driver. The bus driver was unaware that this occurred. Before getting off the bus Friday morning, the 17-year old hid the gun in a storage container on the bus. He retrieved it later that afternoon on his way home. The incident was not reported to an authority figure until Monday.
As a result of this incident the 17-year old student has been charged with Carrying a Weapon on School Property, Aggravated Assault and 3-counts of Reckless Endangerment.
He was taken in to custody Tuesday afternoon and transported to the Juvenile Detention Center in Johnson City.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day