GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Greene County, Tennessee could have a new interim clerk in place when commissioners take a vote Tuesday.
The interim clerk would replace David Thompson, who left his post last week as part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped.
The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations.
Thompson's temporary replacement will hold the job until the August election.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall