GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - Greene County, Tennessee could have a new interim clerk in place when commissioners take a vote Tuesday.
The interim clerk would replace David Thompson, who left his post last week as part of a deal to have an ouster lawsuit against him dropped.
The lawsuit accused Thompson of sexual misconduct by employees who worked for him. Thompson denies those allegations.
Thompson's temporary replacement will hold the job until the August election.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate