If you're a smoker, Thursday you're being challenged. It's called The Great American Smoke Out.
Tennessee is taking part and asking you to step away from the tobacco and participate in this smoke Out.
23 % of Tennesseans reported smoking in 2011, according to a behavioral risk study.
The state's department of health's efforts to prevent tobacco use include a tobacco quit-line. It provides personal support for residents who need coaching through the quitting process.
If you're a smoker and would like a guide, you can call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or visit tnquitline.com to join The Great American Smoke Out.
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy