Mountain States Health Alliance celebrated the grand opening of its new Smyth County, Virginia community hospital Monday.
The hospital, which has been five years in the making, has all private beds and the latest technology. Hospital leaders say this hospital is more patient and family focused.
It's a wonderful healing environment,? says Lindy White, the CEO of the Smyth County Community Hospital. ?A lot of natural light. It really is just a phenomenal state of the art facility with all brand new, state of the art technology for the wonderful, caring team we have here at Smyth County Community Hospital.
The new hospital replaces the old Smyth County hospital, which was built in 1967.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor