Mountain States Health Alliance celebrated the grand opening of its new Smyth County, Virginia community hospital Monday.
The hospital, which has been five years in the making, has all private beds and the latest technology. Hospital leaders say this hospital is more patient and family focused.
It's a wonderful healing environment,? says Lindy White, the CEO of the Smyth County Community Hospital. ?A lot of natural light. It really is just a phenomenal state of the art facility with all brand new, state of the art technology for the wonderful, caring team we have here at Smyth County Community Hospital.
The new hospital replaces the old Smyth County hospital, which was built in 1967.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator