Mountain States Health Alliance celebrated the grand opening of its new Smyth County, Virginia community hospital Monday.
The hospital, which has been five years in the making, has all private beds and the latest technology. Hospital leaders say this hospital is more patient and family focused.
It's a wonderful healing environment,? says Lindy White, the CEO of the Smyth County Community Hospital. ?A lot of natural light. It really is just a phenomenal state of the art facility with all brand new, state of the art technology for the wonderful, caring team we have here at Smyth County Community Hospital.
The new hospital replaces the old Smyth County hospital, which was built in 1967.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day