ABINGDON, Va. - Monday morning Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell made a stop in Southwest Virginia to talk about natural resources.
The Natural Resources and Energy Law Symposium sponsored by the Appalachian School of Law took place at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
Governor McDonnell talked about the importance of both coal and natural gas. "No one should say that the future of coal isn't bright," he said. "The prices have gone up and down a little bit, but boy, China, India, other places are burning coal a lot faster than we are right now."
"I still think all of this is goal and gas are a part of the energy mix for a long time in America," the governor said.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides