BRISTOL, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell makes a stop in Bristol to see a local landmark in-the-making.
The governor took a tour of the future Birthplace of Country Music Museum.
This visit is actually part of a much larger tour across the state called This Commonwealth of Opportunity.
He calls the BCM Museum a great vision for the future, with the public and private sectors working together to preserve 100 years of architecture and musical heritage. "Our top issue of course in Virginia recently has been creating new jobs and opportunities, and I think this will be a magnet for tourism and obviously that means jobs and tax revenue for Bristol and it's exciting," the governor said.
Governor McDonnell's tour of the commonwealth kicked off this afternoon in Salem and Roanoke and will finish in Leesburg next Thursday.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day