Glade Spring, VA - One church in the middle of the storm found itself to be quite the necessity after the tornado hit.
While Glade Spring Baptist Church was damaged by the tornado, they were one of the first places victims could come to take a shower, get a hot meal and take back some supplies to start clean-up efforts.
Church member Travis Debusk says they were able to do it thanks to an idea to build a Family Life Center years ago.
The church has since hosted eight mission teams in the Family Life Center that came to the area to help rebuild.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial