BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Haven of Rest Rescue Mission is helping those in need by giving them a take-home Thanksgiving meal.
We learned members of the community donated the food for these boxed meals.
Organizers tell us each box feeds six people and they have enough for five hundred boxes and are working to get more. "The need is pretty large. In years past, we have done well over seven hundred. There's a lot of people who are in need of just a little extra help," said Joshua Wiley, Manager.
The Haven will be giving out the boxed meals on November 15, 16, 19, 20 and 21 from noon to 2:30 p.m.
To receive a box you must bring in your ID as well as proof of address to ensure every household only gets one box.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill