Another spike in gas prices over the past week.
Prices jumped five cents, according to Triple A.
The average price per gallon of regular is now $3.87, up sixteen cents from a month ago.
Prices usually drop after Labor Day, but a number of factors including unrest in the Middle East and refineries going offline during Hurricane Isaac, are cited for the jump.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect