BRISTOL, Va. - It's out with the old and in with the new at Girls Incorporated in Bristol, and they're even getting some help.
Easy Home has generously donated furniture for the facility's teen room. Weve learned the girls made it a priority to raise money for the room as a nice place to spend time after school.
Taylor Jackson was one of the girls who helped raise money. "We did a bake sale and we only came up with $140 dollars. It wasn't enough to get what we were wanting and someone was nice enough to donate a loveseat and couch," she explained.
Girls Inc. also tells us, they're in the process of redoing every room in their building.
During the summer about 150 girls visit Girls Inc. each day.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game