BRISTOL, Tenn./Va. - Some people around the region are sporting new bracelets to show their support for a local family.
Several weeks ago, we introduced you to William Winston Blevins, the son of Eric and Christina Blevins, born March 1st. Soon after birth, doctors learned Winston had a heart condition that needed the attention of doctors at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
The family is still at UVA, but their family and friends here are selling bracelets to raise money to help cover expenses.
Winston's mom, Christina, is the director of "Believe in Bristol".
"I think it's a good idea to help little Winston. I really do. They're just five dollars and i think it's a great idea," says Janice Hoelscher at the Bristol Public Library.
The bracelets are being sold at several downtown locations including the Paramount and the Birthplace of Country Music Offices.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway