BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is hoping to get more people hooked on fishing this weekend.
The agency is sponsoring the annual East Tennessee Free Fishing Day this Saturday, June 7th.
For the entire day, residents and non-residents are allowed to fish without a license.
Tyler Cox and Robert Martin were casting their lines at Steele Creek Park Thursday.
They say they'll probably be back Saturday to take advantage of Free Fishing Day.
"I think it's a good idea, you know letting people come fish when they're not allowed to, one day aint gonna hurt them," said Martin.
"People that can't afford it get a good time to fish somewhere else in public," said Martin.
Free Fishing Day will actually extend through the following week for young anglers 13 and under.
Those 13 and under can fish without a license through Friday, June 13th.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator