UNICOI, Tenn. - Unicoi County Sheriff's Deputies say they found several children living in deplorable and dangerous conditions and now four people are facing charges.
Officers say, while conducting a welfare check on five children at a home on Justice Lane Tuesday, they found animal waste on the floors in every room and on piles of clothing.
They say there was also trash on the floor, cats on the kitchen table and counters and dirty dishes that deputies believe had been there for a while.
Officers say there were also exposed electrical wires in the home.
They tell us Eddie Effler, Jr. , Amber Effler, Robby Lewis and Jennifer Lewis are all charged with child neglect.
Officials say they had to remove several dogs and cats from the home as well.
No word yet are where the children are staying.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire