A former Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff and Police Chief has died.
Fred Phillips passed away suddenly at his home from natural causes, according to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal.
Phillips led the Washington County Sheriff's Department from September of 1994 until January of 2003. He was also The Johnson City Police Chief.
Fred Phillips was 72-years-old.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment