A former Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff and Police Chief has died.
Fred Phillips passed away suddenly at his home from natural causes, according to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal.
Phillips led the Washington County Sheriff's Department from September of 1994 until January of 2003. He was also The Johnson City Police Chief.
Fred Phillips was 72-years-old.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University