A former Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff and Police Chief has died.
Fred Phillips passed away suddenly at his home from natural causes, according to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal.
Phillips led the Washington County Sheriff's Department from September of 1994 until January of 2003. He was also The Johnson City Police Chief.
Fred Phillips was 72-years-old.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend