BRISTOL, Tenn. - A 26-year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is in the region.
John Buchanan will visit King University to give four lectures Monday and Tuesday, discussing daily life in the West Wing, intelligence and the war on terrorism, and his role inside the White House Situation Room the day Osama Bin Laden was killed.
Buchanan's visit is sponsored by the school's Security and Intelligence students group. That's associated with the King Institute for Security and Intelligence Studies, a minor teaching students to explore several hot-button issues including international terrorism, espionage and intelligence.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial