BRISTOL, Tenn. - A 26-year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is in the region.
John Buchanan will visit King University to give four lectures Monday and Tuesday, discussing daily life in the West Wing, intelligence and the war on terrorism, and his role inside the White House Situation Room the day Osama Bin Laden was killed.
Buchanan's visit is sponsored by the school's Security and Intelligence students group. That's associated with the King Institute for Security and Intelligence Studies, a minor teaching students to explore several hot-button issues including international terrorism, espionage and intelligence.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon