SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman accused of child rape is scheduled to appear in court today.
26-year-old Sonya Pickel is charged with facilitation of the rape of a child, statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and buying alcohol for minors.
Sullivan county authorities say the charges stem from Pickel's time as an employee at Tri-State Children's Home in Bristol, Tennessee. Authorities say Pickel was having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day