SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman accused of child rape is scheduled to appear in court today.
26-year-old Sonya Pickel is charged with facilitation of the rape of a child, statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and buying alcohol for minors.
Sullivan county authorities say the charges stem from Pickel's time as an employee at Tri-State Children's Home in Bristol, Tennessee. Authorities say Pickel was having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City