SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman accused of child rape is scheduled to appear in court today.
26-year-old Sonya Pickel is charged with facilitation of the rape of a child, statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and buying alcohol for minors.
Sullivan county authorities say the charges stem from Pickel's time as an employee at Tri-State Children's Home in Bristol, Tennessee. Authorities say Pickel was having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record