SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County woman accused of child rape is scheduled to appear in court today.
26-year-old Sonya Pickel is charged with facilitation of the rape of a child, statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and buying alcohol for minors.
Sullivan county authorities say the charges stem from Pickel's time as an employee at Tri-State Children's Home in Bristol, Tennessee. Authorities say Pickel was having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old boy.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson