LEE COUNTY, Va. - A fire is under control after firefighters were on the scene Tuesday of wildfire burning in southwest Virginia.
The flames took over an 800 acre part of Lee County. 34 homes and other structures near Routes 600 and 602 were threatened. Firefighters say they got the call around 4 Monday afternoon.
No injuries or structural damage have been reported. The cause of that fire is still unknown.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal