LEE COUNTY, Va. - A fire is under control after firefighters were on the scene Tuesday of wildfire burning in southwest Virginia.
The flames took over an 800 acre part of Lee County. 34 homes and other structures near Routes 600 and 602 were threatened. Firefighters say they got the call around 4 Monday afternoon.
No injuries or structural damage have been reported. The cause of that fire is still unknown.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash