ABINGDON, Va. - A major employer in our area will begin moving into its new headquarters.
Friday, employees of KVAT food stores, the parent company of Food City will be moving into what they call their corporate support center in Abingdon.
It's where the old Johnston Memorial Hospital use to be.
It is a self-contained facility offering everything from meeting space to meals for its employees.
Food City leaders hope the change will ultimately mean better service for its customers.
The move will happen in phases over the next couple of weeks.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death