ABINGDON, Va. - A major employer in our area will begin moving into its new headquarters.
Friday, employees of KVAT food stores, the parent company of Food City will be moving into what they call their corporate support center in Abingdon.
It's where the old Johnston Memorial Hospital use to be.
It is a self-contained facility offering everything from meeting space to meals for its employees.
Food City leaders hope the change will ultimately mean better service for its customers.
The move will happen in phases over the next couple of weeks.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities