ABINGDON, Va. - A major employer in our area will begin moving into its new headquarters.
Friday, employees of KVAT food stores, the parent company of Food City will be moving into what they call their corporate support center in Abingdon.
It's where the old Johnston Memorial Hospital use to be.
It is a self-contained facility offering everything from meeting space to meals for its employees.
Food City leaders hope the change will ultimately mean better service for its customers.
The move will happen in phases over the next couple of weeks.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough