ABINGDON, Va. - A major employer in our area will begin moving into its new headquarters.
Friday, employees of KVAT food stores, the parent company of Food City will be moving into what they call their corporate support center in Abingdon.
It's where the old Johnston Memorial Hospital use to be.
It is a self-contained facility offering everything from meeting space to meals for its employees.
Food City leaders hope the change will ultimately mean better service for its customers.
The move will happen in phases over the next couple of weeks.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries