Five recovering after possible carbon monoxide exposure

POSTED: 6:18 AM Jul 05 2013   UPDATED: 9:41 PM Jul 05 2013
Five recovering after possible carbon monoxide exposure
BRISTOL, Va. -

A group of Bristol, Virginia residents are recovering Friday morning after authorities tell us they may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

According to the Bristol, Virginia Fire Department, five people were inside a home on New Hampshire Avenue around 2:30 a.m. when at least one individual began to feel nauseous and became sick.

Crews at the scene told News 5 that the residents were taken to the hospital and are expected to be okay.

Fire crews tell us a generator in the basement is likely to blame for the possible carbon monoxide exposure.