BRISTOL, Va. - A group of Bristol, Virginia residents are recovering Friday morning after authorities tell us they may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.
According to the Bristol, Virginia Fire Department, five people were inside a home on New Hampshire Avenue around 2:30 a.m. when at least one individual began to feel nauseous and became sick.
Crews at the scene told News 5 that the residents were taken to the hospital and are expected to be okay.
Fire crews tell us a generator in the basement is likely to blame for the possible carbon monoxide exposure.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport