BRISTOL, Va. - Monday marked the first time in history that beer was sold at a Bristol White Sox game.
After a three-month process, the beer permit was approved by the city.
We spoke to Mahlon Luttrell, General Manager for the White Sox, and he tells News 5 the money made from beer sales will be used to better the facilities. "The money we generate from the beer sales will be going back into the facilities and pay off debt that we currently have," he explained.
There are four types of beers on the menu: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, and Shock Top.
We're told the beverages can only be consumed while on the deck at the Beer Garden.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream