BRISTOL, Va. - Monday marked the first time in history that beer was sold at a Bristol White Sox game.
After a three-month process, the beer permit was approved by the city.
We spoke to Mahlon Luttrell, General Manager for the White Sox, and he tells News 5 the money made from beer sales will be used to better the facilities. "The money we generate from the beer sales will be going back into the facilities and pay off debt that we currently have," he explained.
There are four types of beers on the menu: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, and Shock Top.
We're told the beverages can only be consumed while on the deck at the Beer Garden.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria