BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire Sunday evening.
The fire started in a vacant home in the 1000 block of Vermont Avenue just before 5 p.m. Sunday.
Lt. J.J Cornett with the Bristol, Virginia Fire Department tells us no one was inside at the time.
We're told the house did not have electricity. "We had reports that someone was trapped inside," Cornett said. "Upon entering the structure no one was located. The power was off to the house."
Firefighters tell us it's possible a meth lab may have sparked the blaze, but the investigation is ongoing. Samples from the scene are being sent to a lab for testing.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane