BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire Sunday evening.
The fire started in a vacant home in the 1000 block of Vermont Avenue just before 5 p.m. Sunday.
Lt. J.J Cornett with the Bristol, Virginia Fire Department tells us no one was inside at the time.
We're told the house did not have electricity. "We had reports that someone was trapped inside," Cornett said. "Upon entering the structure no one was located. The power was off to the house."
Firefighters tell us it's possible a meth lab may have sparked the blaze, but the investigation is ongoing. Samples from the scene are being sent to a lab for testing.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting