BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some local firefighters hit a home run for the Susan G. Komen Foundation on Friday.
The Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department presented a check for nearly $500 to the foundation which supports breast cancer research. The department held a softball tournament on October 19th. All the money raised went to help fight breast cancer.
Over the last eight years the local foundation has provided screenings for 11,000 women in our area.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day