BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some local firefighters hit a home run for the Susan G. Komen Foundation on Friday.
The Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department presented a check for nearly $500 to the foundation which supports breast cancer research. The department held a softball tournament on October 19th. All the money raised went to help fight breast cancer.
Over the last eight years the local foundation has provided screenings for 11,000 women in our area.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman