BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some local firefighters hit a home run for the Susan G. Komen Foundation on Friday.
The Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department presented a check for nearly $500 to the foundation which supports breast cancer research. The department held a softball tournament on October 19th. All the money raised went to help fight breast cancer.
Over the last eight years the local foundation has provided screenings for 11,000 women in our area.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin