ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Fathers Day was Sunday, and many father and son duos spent the day out on the golf course.
News 5 checked with the Elizabethton Golf Course and learned Fathers Day is one of their busiest days. Employees tell us almost all of the golf carts were booked Sunday morning.
Golf course employees tell us they think the U.S. Open also played a role in the busy crowds.
They say the U.S. Open is giving many people the "golfing bug."
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction