ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Fathers Day was Sunday, and many father and son duos spent the day out on the golf course.
News 5 checked with the Elizabethton Golf Course and learned Fathers Day is one of their busiest days. Employees tell us almost all of the golf carts were booked Sunday morning.
Golf course employees tell us they think the U.S. Open also played a role in the busy crowds.
They say the U.S. Open is giving many people the "golfing bug."
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman