Abingdon, VA - Public officials rolled up their sleeves in the fight against hunger in Southwest Virginia. They were in Abingdon to volunteer at "Feeding America Southwest Virginia".
The idea is to create a movement throughout the region that has a lasting impact on the efforts to feed more people than ever before. They hope by seeing people helping it will also encourage others to lend a hand.
Last year the food bank helped 122,000 people each month in 26 different counties throughout Southwest Virginia.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death