Abingdon, VA - Public officials rolled up their sleeves in the fight against hunger in Southwest Virginia. They were in Abingdon to volunteer at "Feeding America Southwest Virginia".
The idea is to create a movement throughout the region that has a lasting impact on the efforts to feed more people than ever before. They hope by seeing people helping it will also encourage others to lend a hand.
Last year the food bank helped 122,000 people each month in 26 different counties throughout Southwest Virginia.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Updated Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death