DAMASCUS, Va. - A Southwest Virginia family is without a home after their house goes up in flames.
We've learned the fire was at a home on Appalachian Trail Drive in Damascus, Virginia.
It started around 6:15 Wednesday night and took fire crews several hours to extinguish and clean up.
Dispatchers say 7 people were inside the home but they all got out safely.
The house is a total loss.
Fire crews say it was started because of an electrical problem.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake