RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. -

A Russell County, Virginia family is without a home after fire ripped through it Wednesday.

According to Russell County Emergency Management, it happened just before 7:15pm at 1087 Saw Mill Hollow in Dante.

News 5 has learned, the fire originated in the chimney and then spread through the kitchen and the electrical panel of the home.

Emergency Management tells us the displaced family, including three children, is being assisted with food and shelter by the American Red Cross.