Russell County Emergency Management say families are in need of assistant for permanent housing after structure fires.
The Austin family of five is at a total loss after their home burned on Thomas Street in Castlewood. Russell County Emergency and Hazardous Materials Coordinator Jess Powers says that fire appears to have started with a dryer.
We're told units also assisted the Hurd family on Upper Bearwallow Road in Dante, Virginia. The family of three had insurance but officials say the American Red Cross provided a roof over their heads for three nights and an Emergency Assistance Care for emergency needs. That fire, we're told, began in the kitchen.
Both families are in need of assistance for permanent housing.
Please contact Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (276) 889-8247 to help these families in need.