JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The move to bring football back to East Tennessee State University could start with a vote Tuesday.
The college's newspaper "The East Tennesseean" is reporting the student government association will vote Tuesday on whether to support the reinstallment of a football program.
The proposed legislation, co-authored by SGA's president and vice president, calls for a $125,000 per semester increase in student fees to fund the program.
The SGA will meet at 4:00 Tuesday afternoon in the Culp University Center's forum room.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday