JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The move to bring football back to East Tennessee State University could start with a vote Tuesday.
The college's newspaper "The East Tennesseean" is reporting the student government association will vote Tuesday on whether to support the reinstallment of a football program.
The proposed legislation, co-authored by SGA's president and vice president, calls for a $125,000 per semester increase in student fees to fund the program.
The SGA will meet at 4:00 Tuesday afternoon in the Culp University Center's forum room.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City