JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The move to bring football back to East Tennessee State University could start with a vote Tuesday.
The college's newspaper "The East Tennesseean" is reporting the student government association will vote Tuesday on whether to support the reinstallment of a football program.
The proposed legislation, co-authored by SGA's president and vice president, calls for a $125,000 per semester increase in student fees to fund the program.
The SGA will meet at 4:00 Tuesday afternoon in the Culp University Center's forum room.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon