JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The move to bring football back to East Tennessee State University could start with a vote Tuesday.
The college's newspaper "The East Tennesseean" is reporting the student government association will vote Tuesday on whether to support the reinstallment of a football program.
The proposed legislation, co-authored by SGA's president and vice president, calls for a $125,000 per semester increase in student fees to fund the program.
The SGA will meet at 4:00 Tuesday afternoon in the Culp University Center's forum room.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend