Monday was Jimmy Fallon's first night back on "The Tonight Show" following the death of his mother Gloria last week.
Fallon had a hard time keeping his composure when speaking of his mom. He said he was always trying to make her laugh and spoke of a time when he was a child and Gloria Fallon, 68, was walking with her two children to the store.
"She would squeeze my hands three times and say, 'I love you,' and I would squeeze back (and say), 'I love you, too,'" said an emotional Fallon.
The talk show host thanked fans and other for their support. Fallon cancelled all of last week's broadcast following the death of his mother on Nov. 4.
- Updated Black Friday preparations: Retailers gearing up for shopping rush
- Updated Thanksgiving travel creating high traffic; law enforcement taking extra measures
- Report: Man posts threat on Facebook planning to kill everyone in Knoxville with bomb
- Tennessee Highway Patrol encourages safe driving during holiday
- Salvation Army looks for volunteers for Red Kettle Campaign