Production on the sixth and final season of Netflix's "House of Cards" was suspended until further notice on Tuesday as the digital studio continues to reel from an allegation of sexual advances by star Kevin Spacey against a then-14-year-old, CNBC reported.
Spacey issued an apology on Monday for what he called inappropriate, drunken behavior at a 1986 party where current Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp said Spacey made a sexual advance toward him.
The joint statement issued by Netflix and Media Rights Capital said filming was stopped "to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew."
Show producers said Monday that the decision was made earlier this summer to end the show and had nothing to do with Spacey's situation.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School