Sir Roger Moore, the actor famed for portraying James Bond in seven "007" films between 1973 and 1985, has died after a battle with cancer, according to his family. He was 89.
That statement released by his family said Moore passed away in Switzerland and "the love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone."
The report also said his last appearance was at London's Royal Festival Hall in November 2016. It also highlighted his work as an ambassador for the UNICEF organization.
Moore portrayed Ian Fleming's secret agent longer than any other actor on the screen, starring in such Bond classics as "Live and Let Die," "Moonraker," "For Your Eyes Only," and "A View to a Kill."
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School