SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Local emergency crews are practicing their response to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport Tuesday morning.
The federally-mandated drill is a staged scenario that puts the emergency operation plan to the test and helps employees and first responders become familiar with what they need to do in the event of an actual emergency.
If you see several emergency vehicles at or around the airport this afternoon, it is only a drill.
The event is expected to wrap up around noon.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University