SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Local emergency crews are practicing their response to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport Tuesday morning.
The federally-mandated drill is a staged scenario that puts the emergency operation plan to the test and helps employees and first responders become familiar with what they need to do in the event of an actual emergency.
If you see several emergency vehicles at or around the airport this afternoon, it is only a drill.
The event is expected to wrap up around noon.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game