SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Local emergency crews are practicing their response to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport Tuesday morning.
The federally-mandated drill is a staged scenario that puts the emergency operation plan to the test and helps employees and first responders become familiar with what they need to do in the event of an actual emergency.
If you see several emergency vehicles at or around the airport this afternoon, it is only a drill.
The event is expected to wrap up around noon.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane