ABINGDON, Va. - On Thursday, Johnston Memorial Hospital hosted its seventh annual Mother & Child Expo.
JMH said more than 350 guests attended the educational event.
The expo took place at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center.
The event included physician education classes, vendor booths, and information sessions. Participants got the chance to learn more about breastfeeding, healthy snacks for kids and how to deal with a picky eater.
The expo also catered to moms-to-be with classes on what new parents need to know before they bring home their baby.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project