ABINGDON, Va. - On Thursday, Johnston Memorial Hospital hosted its seventh annual Mother & Child Expo.
JMH said more than 350 guests attended the educational event.
The expo took place at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center.
The event included physician education classes, vendor booths, and information sessions. Participants got the chance to learn more about breastfeeding, healthy snacks for kids and how to deal with a picky eater.
The expo also catered to moms-to-be with classes on what new parents need to know before they bring home their baby.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day