ABINGDON, Va. - Johnston Memorial Hospital will host a free Mother & Child Expo on Thursday, May 23, at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon, Va. from 3p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mothers of small children, mothers-to-be and their families are invited to participate in the activities, which include family-centered vendors, health and wellness demonstrations, children's activities, door prizes, snacks and more.
Local healthcare providers will present educational sessions covering pregnancy, childbirth and infant and child health issues.
There will also be an outdoor heroes station that will allow children to meet local heroes such as police, fire and rescue workers and explore their vehicles.
Car seat safety checks and children's fingerprinting will also be available.
More than 50 door prizes will be given away, including a 3-night Disney World vacation package for two adults and two children, including lodging, food and park tickets.
For more information, visit www.msha.com or call 276-258-4560.
- Updated Cops: Woman jailed for shooting near inattentive husband
- New Belmeade to close Bristol Mall location, move across street
- Wise County authorities searching for elderly man with dementia
- Technology gives boost to infant death cold case in Virginia
- 7-year-old, father shot while waiting for bus in Virginia