ABINGDON, Va. - Johnston Memorial Hospital will host a free Mother & Child Expo on Thursday, May 23, at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon, Va. from 3p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mothers of small children, mothers-to-be and their families are invited to participate in the activities, which include family-centered vendors, health and wellness demonstrations, children's activities, door prizes, snacks and more.
Local healthcare providers will present educational sessions covering pregnancy, childbirth and infant and child health issues.
There will also be an outdoor heroes station that will allow children to meet local heroes such as police, fire and rescue workers and explore their vehicles.
Car seat safety checks and children's fingerprinting will also be available.
More than 50 door prizes will be given away, including a 3-night Disney World vacation package for two adults and two children, including lodging, food and park tickets.
For more information, visit www.msha.com or call 276-258-4560.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run