U.S. public schools in financial trouble
Hundreds of public school teachers and their supporters took to the streets yesterday to protest Chicago's recent announcement of a school consolidation plan, which will close 54 of the city's public schools. Take a look at other U.S. public schools facing financial troubles.
Around The Watercooler
- Back-to-back car crashes follow DUI arrest
- Mother sells newborn boy for $7,000
- Michigan girl, 4, calls 911, saves pregnant mother
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer