U.S. public schools in financial trouble
Hundreds of public school teachers and their supporters took to the streets yesterday to protest Chicago's recent announcement of a school consolidation plan, which will close 54 of the city's public schools. Take a look at other U.S. public schools facing financial troubles.
Around The Watercooler
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed
- Brazilian man declared dead wakes up in body bag
- World's most expensive hot dog costs $169
- Panda may have faked pregnancy for more food
- Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead