Abingdon, VA. - Saturday, Virginia's Republican party nominated Ed Gillespie to face Senator Mark Warner this November.
Sunday, Gillespie launched his campaign in Abingdon.
Gillespie says he wants to provide more opportunities for Virginians by replacing the affordable care act, reducing taxes, cutting wasteful spending and focusing on education reform.
Gillespie tells News 5 he has better ideas that will get our country moving again and Sunday's rally in Abingdon was just the beginning.
"This is the first stop on our economic growth tour. We're gooing to talk about the needs to create jobs here in the Commonwealth and all across the country. The economic growth that we have now right now is not somehow our fate. It's a result of bad policies," adds Gillespie.
After leaving Abingdon Sunday, Gillespie and his bus headed to both Danville and Charlottesville.
Election day is Tuesday, November 4th.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend