KINGSPORT, Tenn. - We heard the Easter Bunny made an early visit here in the Tri-Cities.
Kingsport children kicked off their Easter celebration with an egg hunt Friday morning. Kids dashed to be the first to grab more than 400 Easter eggs scattered throughout the V.O. Dobbins center.
This marks the tenth year New Vision Youth, South Central Kingsport and Kingsport Parks and Rec have put on the hunt. Organizers say it's more than just the thrill of a candy-filled egg. That makes the hunt special -- it's also a way for kids to take pride in their community's revitalization.
Now for some of the less-aggressive kids out there, don't worry. We learned there were gift cards in case any of the hunters weren't able to find any eggs.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport