Tonight firefighters are looking for what sparked a house fire that left a man homeless.
The Bloomingdale Volunteer Fire Department says the fire started early this morning a house on Orebank Road in Sullivan County.
When they arrived flames were already coming through the roof.
Crews say the homeowner was awakened by his smoke detectors going off.
He got out safely but was taken to the hospital later because of other health issues.
The man plans to stay with family and friends for now.
Sullivan County, Tennessee fire crews investigated a house fire early Monday morning.
Dispatchers tell News 5, they got a call to a home on Orebank Road around 3:15.
We're told everyone got out of the home safely.
There is no word yet on the extent of the damage or on the cause.