SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia law enforcement officers continued to arrest accused drug dealers today.Sheriff John Puckett tells us the county grand jury issued 180 indictments against 44 people last night. Puckett says that in the last year a majority of arrests have been for prescription drugs."Seems like prescription drugs are the problem. I guess it is hard to detect, harder to catch those people. The drug is legal until they sell one of them and when they sell them that's when the problem starts," said Scott County Sheriff John Puckett.Puckett added that most of the people charged are repeat offenders.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting