BRISTOL, Tenn. - More than 30 people are claiming a Bristol dentist ripped them off by taking their money and running.
Dr. Hardev Patel, a dentist on 11-E, is being investigated by Bristol, Tennessee Police, after 35 patients came forward and filed reports claiming they paid for dentures and other dental work but got nothing.
Jason Bentley tells us he paid $1,200 upfront for dental services at Dr. Patel's business, Quality Denture Care, but never got them. "I would call and they would say 'next month', and that went on for two or three months," says Jason Bentley.
Police tell us Dr. Patel left town for Texas and they haven't been able to question him yet.
Officers say this case could take weeks or even months. They'll have to investigate and then consult with the district attorney to see if charges will be filed.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport