BRISTOL, Va. - Downtown Bristol businesses booming after large events hit area.
Border Bash and Mumford and Sons, Food City Race Night and now Rhythm and Roots. Downtown Bristol has had a busy summer.
However, it is not just about the entertainment. The events are doing a lot good for our local economy.
We learned local businesses in Downtown Bristol are booming from the recent events and the storeowners are happy about it.
"It's boosted our business tremendously. We have all different kinds of people come into the store, it's been a great opportunity with all of the people coming downtown," said Melissa Jones, owner of Sidetrack Tobacco.
This is the last big event of the season, but Jones said that with the recent sales, she is not worried a bit.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day