BRISTOL, Va. - Downtown Bristol businesses booming after large events hit area.
Border Bash and Mumford and Sons, Food City Race Night and now Rhythm and Roots. Downtown Bristol has had a busy summer.
However, it is not just about the entertainment. The events are doing a lot good for our local economy.
We learned local businesses in Downtown Bristol are booming from the recent events and the storeowners are happy about it.
"It's boosted our business tremendously. We have all different kinds of people come into the store, it's been a great opportunity with all of the people coming downtown," said Melissa Jones, owner of Sidetrack Tobacco.
This is the last big event of the season, but Jones said that with the recent sales, she is not worried a bit.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets