BRISTOL, Va. - Downtown Bristol businesses booming after large events hit area.
Border Bash and Mumford and Sons, Food City Race Night and now Rhythm and Roots. Downtown Bristol has had a busy summer.
However, it is not just about the entertainment. The events are doing a lot good for our local economy.
We learned local businesses in Downtown Bristol are booming from the recent events and the storeowners are happy about it.
"It's boosted our business tremendously. We have all different kinds of people come into the store, it's been a great opportunity with all of the people coming downtown," said Melissa Jones, owner of Sidetrack Tobacco.
This is the last big event of the season, but Jones said that with the recent sales, she is not worried a bit.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin