TAZEWELL COUNTY, Va. - A Tazewell County, Virginia man facing two counts of Capital Murder waived his preliminary hearing this morning.
Christopher Dean Looney is charged with the death of his parents Valerie and Harvey Looney.
The two were discovered on the morning of March 30, 2009, by an employee at the Pizza Plus restaurant in Claypool Hill.
Valerie's body was found in the office, while Harvey's body was found near a door outside of restaurant.
The Looney's managed the pizza restaurant.
Looney's case is now bound over to the next county grand jury, which meets on November 12th.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting