Wellmont Health System's Marsh Regional Blood Center is holding a series of blood drives.
They say donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome. They say their blood can be used for any patient. The organization says
as many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
The blood drives will be held at the following locations:
· Monday, Sept. 30, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Bristol Metals, Bristol
· Tuesday, Oct. 1, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Volunteer High School, Church Hill
· Wednesday, Oct. 2, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., CenturyLink, Sixth Street, Bristol
· Wednesday, Oct. 2, 4-8 p.m., First Baptist Church, Kingsport
· Thursday, Oct. 3, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
· Thursday, Oct. 3, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
· Friday, Oct. 4, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Settlers Life Insurance, Bristol, Va.
· Friday, Oct. 4, noon-4 p.m., Line Power Manufacturing, Bristol, Va.
· Friday, Oct. 4, 1-4 p.m., Friendship Ford, Bristol
· Saturday, Oct. 5, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
Organizers say to donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. They suggest donors eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
If you can't make it to one of these scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional's collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization contact the Marsh Regional Blood Center at 423-224-5888.