BRISTOL, Tenn. - This year's pool season is going to the dogs. The third annual "Doggie Swim" at Haynesfield Pool in Bristol, Tennessee kicked off Tuesday night.
Before the pool closes down for good, a few pups took a plunge in the water.
Some were racing for toys, while others just enjoyed a leisurely swim.
This was Labrador retriever, Shiloh's, second year at the Doggie Swim, but it probably won't be his last. "We'll play fetch. That's his favorite game, and he will do this for literally hours, and we have to make him take breaks unless he get tired, and you can see right now, he's all excited and wants to play," said Shiloh's owner Tom Wooldridge.
Dogs are welcome back in the pool through Saturday, September 8.
From September 5 - 7, the pool is open from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
September 8, the pool is open from Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Admission is $3 per dog, and owners are limited to two dogs per person. There is no admission fee for people.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day