ABINGDON, VA - Highlands Pediatrics staff says someone contacted their patients demanding payments, claiming to be with a collection service.
Highlands Pediatrics does its own collections and warns patients not to give any credit card information over the phone.
Highlands Pediatrics Front Desk Supervisor, Topaz Christian says, "Once the patient is contacted we ask that they take the information down of the person that is calling them. We ask that they tell them that we'll give you a call right back, then contact us that way we can get all of the information and contact the police."
Christian says one person has fallen victim. She says Highlands Pediatrics doesn't call people and demand credit card information by phone.
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome