ABINGDON, Va. - Washington County, Virginia prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty for a man accused of double homicide last January.
The Grand Jury indicted Coty Wayne Young on capital murder in the death of his stepfather and first degree murder in the death of his stepfather's girlfriend.
The Grand Jury also indicted Young's girlfriend Stephanie Molino on two counts of first degree murder.
Young and Molino are accused of stabbing 62-year-old Donald Wayne Heath and 51-year-old Karen McKibben.
Authorities say they then set her apartment on fire.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway