ABINGDON, Va. - Washington County, Virginia prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty for a man accused of double homicide last January.
The Grand Jury indicted Coty Wayne Young on capital murder in the death of his stepfather and first degree murder in the death of his stepfather's girlfriend.
The Grand Jury also indicted Young's girlfriend Stephanie Molino on two counts of first degree murder.
Young and Molino are accused of stabbing 62-year-old Donald Wayne Heath and 51-year-old Karen McKibben.
Authorities say they then set her apartment on fire.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral