ABINGDON, Va. - Washington County, Virginia prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty for a man accused of double homicide last January.
The Grand Jury indicted Coty Wayne Young on capital murder in the death of his stepfather and first degree murder in the death of his stepfather's girlfriend.
The Grand Jury also indicted Young's girlfriend Stephanie Molino on two counts of first degree murder.
Young and Molino are accused of stabbing 62-year-old Donald Wayne Heath and 51-year-old Karen McKibben.
Authorities say they then set her apartment on fire.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs