WASHINGTON, CO. Va. - One person is dead, another in custody after an overnight shooting in Washington County, Virginia.
Sheriff Fred Newman says it happened Saturday around 1 am on Whites Mill Road.
We're told a man shot and killed his brother-in-law.
Sheriff Newman says a family argument may have led to the shooting.
A suspect has been arrested and is in jail without bond.
We're told more information about this incident is expected to be released later today.
- UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail to reopen
- UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- Updated Attorney for Black Lives Matter rally crasher issues statement
- New Man arrested for stabbing in Wise County
- Updated Highway Patrol to go door-to-door in I-81 shooter investigation