BRISTOL, Va. - A man is dead after an overnight shooting in Bristol, Virginia.
Bristol, Virginia Police say they got a call about a shooting just before 1:00 Sunday morning.
It happened at 1971 Lee Highway just off of Exit 5.
Police say they found a man lying just off the roadway on a creek bank.
Investigators believe he died from at least one gunshot wound. "The victim was a Chase Robins, he's 24 years old and we're not really sure on his address at this time. It appears he may have been some sort of drifter. He may have connections in Tazewell," said Captain Maynard Ratcliff with Bristol Virginia Police.
A suspect has been arrested, he's been identified as 34-year-old Dan Buchanan of Bristol, Virginia. He's facing first degree murder charges.
Buchanan is currently being held in the Bristol, Virginia Jail without bond.
The case is still under investigation.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City